Because not everyone has a competitive goal, Post-Normal offers bespoke, individualized Lifestyle Management to help you achieve a healthy, active and sustainable lifestyle. As with our athletes, we want to Build a Better You.
Your personal program will be designed to address your specific needs in areas including:
- Conditioning – We can develop physical changes that are in line with your goals, starting today. Strength exercise, power exercise, endurance exercise, lifting weights, intervals, cardio, bigger/stronger/faster, metabolic, etc. We can design the exercise adaptations you need.
- Movement – We will assess your current movements to determine limits and faults then help you move well and move often. Evaluation, realignment, and relearning are important aspects in achieving high quality movement and a pain-free, safe, functional, long-working body.
- Food Choices – What you eat, how much you eat, when you eat, are important factors in a healthy lifestyle. Our focus is helping you achieve a better nutritional status (ie: ensuring your micro and macro balance is good) and a goal of: right stuff, right amount, and right time.
- Eating Behaviors – When do you eat? Who do you eat with? How fast do you eat? Your food culture and beliefs. Your food budget and preferences. These are all choices that should be made within your specific context, with a focus on both nutrition and enjoyment.
- Self-Management – What are your priorities? Are your behaviors in line with them? What can we do to get them in line? Provoking gentle self-discovery, helping align words and actions, and coaching you past fear and ambivalence is our focus. A healthy lifestyle is easy, when it is resonant in your life. What can we do to help you recharge and rejuvenate you, as a person?
- Self-Care – How much sleep do you get? What are your recovery practices? How do you manage stress? We focus on building safe strategies for self-care and making it a part of your healthy, active lifestyle.
123 Days Of Stepping It Up
In Dec of 2018, I had my first 30 day streak with 6,000-10,000 steps per day. At the time, I thought: 30 wasn’t bad, lets do 60! In early Feb of 2019, I had my first 60 day streak with 6,000-10,000 steps per day. So I thought : 60 wasn’t bad, lets do 100! In late March of 2019, I had my first 100 day streak with 6,000-10,000 steps per day. And in April, it hit 123 days, with no sign of stopping. Odd as it may sound, by lunch time I can usually feel if I’m going to be short on steps or not And by evening time, I’ll start figuring out what needs to be done to keep the streak alive for the day. Being mindfulRead more
Six Months Without Coffee
Six months ago, with little fanfare and no real planning, I stopped drinking coffee. For me, it wasn’t a difficult change. I simply replaced it with a custom blend of tea. And I’ve been impressed enough with the results to stick with it. If you’re curious or on the fence about a change of your own, keep reading. First, why did I want to give up coffee? At the time, I was drinking a cup of modified Bullet Proof Coffee for breakfast, and two to three additional cups throughout the day. As with most coffee drinkers, I noticed the effects of the caffeine wore off quicker. It felt like dropping off a cliff. And I’d even get a bit cranky between cups. Plus, I don’t like cheap stuff.Read more