Because not everyone has a competitive goal, Post-Normal offers bespoke, individualized Lifestyle Management to help you achieve a healthy, active and sustainable lifestyle. As with our athletes, we want to Build a Better You.
Your personal program will be designed to address your specific needs in areas including:
- Conditioning – We can develop physical changes that are in line with your goals, starting today. Strength exercise, power exercise, endurance exercise, lifting weights, intervals, cardio, bigger/stronger/faster, metabolic, etc. We can design the exercise adaptations you need.
- Movement – We will assess your current movements to determine limits and faults then help you move well and move often. Evaluation, realignment, and relearning are important aspects in achieving high quality movement and a pain-free, safe, functional, long-working body.
- Food Choices – What you eat, how much you eat, when you eat, are important factors in a healthy lifestyle. Our focus is helping you achieve a better nutritional status (ie: ensuring your micro and macro balance is good) and a goal of: right stuff, right amount, and right time.
- Eating Behaviors – When do you eat? Who do you eat with? How fast do you eat? Your food culture and beliefs. Your food budget and preferences. These are all choices that should be made within your specific context, with a focus on both nutrition and enjoyment.
- Self-Management – What are your priorities? Are your behaviors in line with them? What can we do to get them in line? Provoking gentle self-discovery, helping align words and actions, and coaching you past fear and ambivalence is our focus. A healthy lifestyle is easy, when it is resonant in your life. What can we do to help you recharge and rejuvenate you, as a person?
- Self-Care – How much sleep do you get? What are your recovery practices? How do you manage stress? We focus on building safe strategies for self-care and making it a part of your healthy, active lifestyle.
60 Days without Energy Drinks
Two months ago, I took my last sip of an energy drink. To be fair, I only had as One-Drink-A-Day Habit. But in early November I noticed that I started to crave more each day. And once those cravings became an incessant internal voice badgering for another, I went Cold Turkey. So here is the What, Why, and How of that adventure. What was I consuming? My drink of choice was Bang. Low calorie. Low/no sugar. Vitamins. Minerals. Branch Chain Amino Acids. CoQ10. Caffeine (of course.) And even creatine! Plus, it tasted pretty nummy. I usually had one, after lunch, to keep me fired up for the rest of the day. Why did I quit? Despite the promising contents, it came with several negatives. Not the least ofRead more
What A Tangled Sole We Wiiv
Bear with me. Briefly. (Thanks!) I’m going to have one of those flashback-moments… It is 2009. I stroll into my local triathlon store. A bright, smiling sneaker-sales-lass convinces me to stand on Dr Scholl’s Foot Fit Kiosk. Lo and behold, Your Humble Narrator’s feet have some of the highest arches in the South East! Fortunately, Dr Scholl’s happens to have a solution. And for a decade, I’ve worn generic orthotics with some degree of improvement over previous decades. Okay. We’re back in 2019! The march of technology has continued at a rapid pace. Ten days ago, I stop by Wiivv’s Website, load their app on my phone, and take two curated pictures of each foot. Today… BOOM! Custom-made, 3D printed orthotics are waiting to join me on theRead more